Medical trolleys are widely used in hospitals and the healthcare industry. Moreover, the catering industry is also making use of these trolleys to serve the guests. These are made of stainless steel, which increases its durability and makes them rust proof. They come in different types and can have two or more shelves. Some have stainless steel waste bin fitted in it, some come with single door cabinet, and others with double door cabinet.
Now the question is why these trolleys are made of stainless steel. Following are the three major factors that can answer why stainless steel is preferred:
- Durability – Medical trolleys are made of stainless steel so that they can last for a long time. These trolleys are durable and do not rust like iron trolleys. Even wooden medical trolleys cannot last for long because of daily usage and regular spilling of liquid.
- Different styles – The trolleys made of stainless steel are available in various sizes, shapes, and styles. These can even be customized based on the requirement of the hospital or medical clinic. The shelves used in these trolleys are fitted on a strong and durable frame. These trolleys generally have four wheels, but two-wheeler trolleys are also available. Furthermore, trolleys with brakes are also available, which add more safety.
- Sterility – Stainless steel trolleys are finished with an electropolishing. It not only enhance the shine of the steel but also increases the sterility quotient of the trolley. In the case of wooden trolleys, the spilled liquid can lead to fungi and can attract bugs and other insects compromising the sterility of the trolley.
Advantages of Using Stainless Steel Trolleys –
1. Can Easily be Assembled and Stored –
The packing of these trolleys come in a flat box, and these are very easy to assemble. No or little assistance of professionals is required for installing these trolleys. You need not be an expert in assembling these trolleys. When not needed, these can be folded and consume very little space for storage.
2. Customization –
The stainless steel trolleys can easily be customized depending on the requirements. Particular dimension requirement, frame size, and shape, all can be welded as per your requirement.
3. Hygiene –
These trolleys are easy to clean and thus maintain a clean and hygienic environment. Also, you need not work much on their maintenance to keep them insect free as in the case of wooden trolleys.
Now that you know how advantageous these trolleys are, there are certain things which you need to consider before buying them:
- Buy only from a trusted medical trolley manufacturer.
- Ask the manufacturer if they are foldable or not. A foldable trolley consumes less space when stored.
- Don’t forget to check the brakes and castors.
- Make sure that only high-quality steel is used if you want your medical trolley to be durable.