- Kasey Simmons, 32, unexpectedly found a $500 (£381.94) tip on a bill
- The tip had been left by the daughter of a woman Kasey had helped
- The waiter, from Dallas, had paid for the elderly lady’s groceries and called her ‘beautiful’
A waiter was left stunned to discover he had been left a huge tip on a check from a customer – only to find he was being repaid for a good deed he’d done the day before.
Kasey Simmons, who works at an Applebee’s restaurant in Dallas, Texas, unexpectedly found a $500 (£381.94) tip on a check that was only 37 cents (26p) in total, along with a heartfelt note.
The message and gift had been left by the daughter of an elderly woman who Kasey, 32, had helped in a local supermarket the previous day.
Kasey Simmons, a waiter at an Applebee’s restaurant, unexpectedly found a $500 (£381.94) tip on a check that was only 37 cents (26p)The waiter had approached the woman, as he noticed she was looking sad, and offered to pay for her shopping.
READ MORE :
- Seven surprising facts about the open rates of push notifications
- Pokémon Go generates sales from visiting game players, but the data’s predictive value may be overrated
- Mick Fleetwood brings his blues band to Bay Area
- 10 Key Content Marketing Tips for 2016 & Beyond
- Cricket News Quenches the Thirst of Die Hard Fans
The waiter had approached the woman, as he noticed she was looking sad, and offered to pay for her shopping.
‘It was only $17, but it’s not about the money – it’s about showing someone you care,’ he told CNN.
The daughter’s note read: ‘On behalf of the Sullivan family, I want to thank you for being the person you are.
The daughter of the elderly woman Kasey had offered to help left a note (above) along with the tip .
‘On one of the most depressing days of the year, (the death of my father, three year anniversary) you made my mother’s day wonderful. She has been smiling since you did what you did.
‘Her grocery was only $17.00, and you insisted on paying and told her she was a very beautiful woman.
‘I have not seen this woman smile this much since dad died.’
Some took to Twitter to praise Kasey’s act of kindness.
Jonathan Levin wrote: ‘Kudos Kasey #Simmons the World needs many more people like you.’
Jon Freier said: ‘Awesome story! Way to go Kasey Simmons — you’re an inspiration to all of us!’