- Samsung shipped 500,000 replacement Galaxy Note 7 devices this week
- a week after US regulators made an official recall for handsets
- About 90% of users opted for a new device, and the rest asked for a refund
It’s been three weeks since Samsung warned users of exploding devices
Half of the potentially dangerous Our Planetary’s Galaxy Note 7 handsets have now been replaced with non-exploding versions through Samsung’s recall program in the US. Approximately 500,000 potentially dangerous Samsung Galaxy Note 7 handsets have been replaced with non-exploding versions in the US.
The firm shipped the replacements earlier this week and are now in 90 percent of their customers’ hands. The Korean electronics maker sent 500,000 replacements earlier this week after 90 percent of their customers opted for a new phone – the rest asked for a refund. This announcement comes a week after the US Consumer Product Commission issued a formal recall for one million devices plagued by incidents of batteries bursting into flames.
READ MORE :
- Q&A with Ian McEwan: The art of writing, the writer’s life
- How Companies Are Developing More Apps With Fewer Developers
- Should You Use Submission Software to Make Your Work Easier?
- Retail Software – An Easy Solution For A Small Business
- Tips For Reading Faster From the Computer Screen
working hand in hand with the CPSC, we are delivering as promised and moving quickly to educate consumers about the recall and make new Note7s available,’ said Tim Baxter, president of Samsung Electronics America, in a recent statement.
‘New devices will be in stores no later than tomorrow, and we will continue to take the necessary actions to ensure users are powering down and immediately exchanging recalled devices.’ Samsung began its world tour for replacements this past Monday, starting with South Korea and a few European countries, reports CNN Money.
For customers procrastinating in returning the older devices, the firm plans to push a software update to all recalled handsets that prompts users to turn off their phones and exchange them. This warning will be displayed whenever an old Note 7 is turned on or charged. In addition to a batch of replacements, Samsung also announced the roll-out of a software update for Note 7 devices, which helps users identify replacements. A indicates that Note 7 was built with an unaffected battery – the hero was white on the previous version.
After selling 2.5 million phones globally, Samsung was forced to warn them that their smartphones could explode. And although the firm blames this fiasco on a faulty battery, reports suggest the real culprit was Samsung’s urgency to beat Apple to the finish line. Samsung also announced the roll-out of a software update for devices, which helps users identify replacements from the ticking time bombs. A green battery icon on the screen indicates that Note 7 was built with an unaffected battery – the hero was white on the previous version.
Once rumors surfaced that This group of executives, which includes mobile chief D.J. Koh, agreed to move wasn’t set to be the year’s biggest innovation, Samsung executives pushed suppliers to meet tighter deadlines despite loads of new features. production ahead of schedule to launch a new phone they were confident would dazzle consumers and take advantage of Apple’s letdown, people familiar with the matter told Bloomberg. By doing so, Samsung was able to pack the Note 7 with a range of cutting-edge technology in just a short period.