If we were all honest with ourselves: shared so leads and interested parties can convert. Given the regular changes of Google’s fine-tuned search engine algorithm, how fickle target audiences can be, and the changing popularity of mobile devices, content marketing can feel like a race to keep up. And let me tell you this: it’s a race that’s not going away soon. So how are you planning on maximizing your efforts in 2016 and beyond? We’ve put together 10 things to help you keep pace with the content evolution.is done to get conversions. Content creators tend to spend hours of time and energy making sure their content is compelling, creative, and, importantly, read and
10 Content Marketing Tips to Stay Ahead of the Game
1. Take Generation “C” Into Account (The Millennials)
“C” stands for connected. (Cisco defined this well, too.) This is the generation of 18 – 34-year-olds who have become responsible for over $500 billion in internet spending a year. And, in a couple of years, they’re going to make up the vast majority of the workforce.
Keyways to identify them:
- They’re always connected
- They don’t engage with traditional attempts by businesses to reach them
- They trust and rely on friends’ recommendations
- They won’t be pushed
- They are looking for reasons to read and share
I wrote more about marketing to millennials here.
2. Keep Your Brand Genuine
3. It’s Time to Get a Cause
Today’s customers aren’t worried about how much something costs – to them, the value of being part of a cause is just as important. Talk about your cause. Be a storyteller.
READ MORE :
- 5 Tips To Write SEO Friendly Content That Ranks Well In Google Searching
- Top 10 Tips On Protecting Your Computer
- What to Look for in an Internet Marketing Expert?
- A generous customer leaves wthe after a $500 tip after his random act of kindness towards an older woman.
- Top Internet Marketing Tips For Your Local Business
4. People Need to “Get” Your Content
We know that simplifying your writing is the way to go. But readability means people will “get” your content, no matter what device they use. Content strategy design absolutely has to cater to mobile devices these days. Make sure everything you serve up on the web is mobile optimized.
5. Keep Them Participating
Aim to hold competitions as often as you can. Encourage viewers to “vote” on your new logo or answer surveys to make them feel that their opinion is valued. Start a Twitter chat. Participate in Twitter chats as your brand.
6. Honor Customers
7. Visuals are More Effective Than Text
Visitors prefer to “see” what you’re saying as opposed to reading it. Every time you develop new ideas for content, consider how it can be visually presented– be it an infographic, podcast, video, or otherwise. Present that alongside the text (which Google will appreciate and rank). Never omit copy, but add striking visuals to your copy. Check out this infographic we made (an infographic with moving parts).
8. Plan How You’ll Generate Content Ideas
9. CTAs Should Garner Email Addresses
Aim to maintain a growing email base. Give your readers loads of opportunities to give you their details. Don’t forget to get creative with those emails – especially the titles so that readers open them – and include share buttons.
10. Neuroscience and Sales Psychology
Did you know 85% of purchasing happens to be emotional while just 15% is logical? Really go into the research that neuroscience gives us regarding which aspects stimulate parts of the brain. Use it in your content marketing strategies.